Welcome to the new home of the Century Road Club Development Foundation (“CRCDF” or the “Foundation”) and the Century Road Club Development Foundation Team (the “Team”).
In case you are visiting our site for the first time, the Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization whose mission is to foster the growth and development of youth and grassroots competitive cycling in New York City and beyond.
In addition to launching our new site (CRCDF.org), we’ve been busy completing a number of recent initiatives in 2016, including:
- Conducting elections for the 2016 CRCDF Board of Directors
- Selecting and hiring a USAC-licensed coach to provide regularly scheduled on and off the bike instruction and training programs for the Team
- Expanding the Team mandate to a U23 program to better reflect the dynamics of the NYC cycling community
- Providing the Team with opportunities to train, race, and interact closely with other elite U23 and junior programs in the Northeast and Canada
- Recruiting new Team members across an array of ages, cycling disciplines and skillsets
The Foundation is run by a completely volunteer Board of Directors. In the coming months, we’re focusing on the following:
- Preparing Team members for local, regional and national competitions, with an emphasis not only on competitive results but sportsmanship, character, accountability, and respect for teammates, coaches, athletes and sponsors
- Advocating for and creating increased racing and development opportunities for juniors, U23 riders, and particularly women
- Expanding relationships with industry, corporate and other sponsors
- Developing/launching other initiatives to bring new participants into the sport that may otherwise face barriers to entry
We appreciate all of the support that we have received to date from CRCA, volunteer coaches, parents, sponsors, and others. Our ability to carry out initiatives going forward depends on broad community participation and involvement. We encourage you to support the Foundation and follow our work and the Team’s progress via our site and the Foundation’s Facebook page.
Chairman and Co-Founder