Century Road Club Development Foundation is a
non-profit foundation focused on promoting the growth and development of youth cycling in the
New York City area.
The Century Road Club Development Foundation (“CRCDF” or the “Foundation”) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit focused on youth and grassroots cycling in the New York tri-state area. With financial support from the Century Road Club Association and the broader cycling community CRCDF’s primary pursuit of this mission is accomplished via the CRC Development Foundation Team (the “Team”).
Our team is a junior and U23 cycling program that competes in and around New York City. For 2016 the team features a roster of nearly twenty riders who receive on-and-off the bike coaching and equipment support from the CRCDF. Racers compete at a variety of skill levels as part of the Team’s goal to introduce riders to what we hope will be a lifelong sport. Over time the CRCDF hopes to support the next generation of New York City cyclists with a larger roster and additional resources.
The year in progress has already featured several notable achievements for the Foundation including recruiting a highly experienced coach and the addition of several U23 riders to the Development Team roster.
For the remainder of the year the CRCDF has identified three key priorities:
- Recruit junior girls and U23 women to the Development Team with long-term support for women’s racing as a key focus area for the Foundation.
- Implement a standalone fundraising effort for the Foundation with the goal of establishing a Grant Program to support riders who compete at a regional/national level
- Renew the Foundation’s online and social media presence to help support the Team’s long-term mission statement
Century Road Club Development Foundation Board
The CRCDF Board is elected to one and two year terms according to the Foundation By-Laws. The current CRCDF Board is as follows:
- Matthew Vandivort, President
- David Greenberg, Chairman
- Ken Edwards, CRCA Board Nominee (and CRCA Treasurer)
- Tara Parsons, CRCA Board Nominee (and CRCA Vice President of Rider Development)
- Mitch Jacaruso, CRCA Membership Elected Director
- Johnny Hsu, CRCA Membership Elected Director